of a song...
I'm looking for something to d/l, and i love covers..
of a song...
I'm looking for something to d/l, and i love covers..
Do You Think I'm Sexy by Revco (The Revolting [censored]). AMAZING!!
Moving In Stereo by Fu Manchu
Godzilla by Fu Manchu
Honky Cat by Halfway To Gone
Cross Eyed Mary by Clutch
Symptom Of The Universe by Sepultura
Lord Of This World by Corrosion Of Conformity
Zero The Hero by Cannibal Corpse
Cocaine by Fistula
Scissorfight has a great ep called Pisquatua that's got about 5 covers and and 2 originals that's really good. It's got covers from GG Allan, Aerosmith, The Dwarves, Dead Kennedy's, and a couple more. You can also get two compliations from www.smallstonerecords called Sucking The 70's that has songs from the 70's covered by todays underground stoner rock bands. Good stuff.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Gimme Danger...Monster Magnet cover of Iggy.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Have you heard of The Atomic Bitchwax, suprbeast? It's a band that Ed Mundell of MM started with Chris Koznic and Keith Ackerman. They're great. They do a couple of good covers like Dirty Deeds by AC/DC and Maybe I'm A Leo by Deep Purple. Koznic has another band called Black Nasa that do a great cover of BTO's I Don't Have To Hide.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Yep...I like the retro "stoner" rock...QOTSA is another of my faves.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
QOTSA is great. I don't know if you've heard Eagles of Death Metal (Josh is in that also) but they're great. They just re-released their last album last week with an extra disk and dvd. The disk has covers of Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer, High Voltage by AC/DC, and Beat On The Brat by the Ramones.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Danko Jones does a really good cover of Costello's Pump It Up.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Duckmeat, if you want a couple of really solid disks of covers, I'd check out [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sucking-70s-Various-Artists/dp/B00006O0PQ/sr=8-2/qid=1172602946/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-5288573-5964733?ie=UTF8&s=music"]these[/ame] two [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sucking-70s-Back-Saddle-Again/dp/B000LE1EZ0/sr=8-1/qid=1172602946/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5288573-5964733?ie=UTF8&s=music"]disks.[/ame] These are the two Sucking The 70's disks I was telling you about. If I had to only pick 1 to buy, I'd pick the first comp., but both are really good. I'd forgotten all about that Suplecs cover of Rush's Working Man. That's one of my favorite covers ever.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Here are a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Right-Nuts-Aerosmith-Various-Artists/dp/B00004TV25/sr=1-1/qid=1172603489/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5288573-5964733?ie=UTF8&s=music"]couple[/ame] [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Piscataqua-Scissorfight/dp/B000050F5B/sr=1-4/qid=1172603624/ref=sr_1_4/104-5288573-5964733?ie=UTF8&s=music"]more.[/ame]
The first one is an Aerosmith cover album. It's got alot of underground stoner rock bands. It's really good. The second link is to the Scissorfight album I mentioned earlier.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Anthrax covering KISS's "Parasite"
Skid Row's version of KISS's "C'mon and Love Me"
Primus (w/Ozzy) covering Sabbath's "NIB"
Faith No More covering Sabbath's "War Pigs"
Manson's cover of Patti Smith's "Rock and Roll #$&^%@"
Berlin's recent cover of Prince's "Erotic City"
For the guy who likes KISS's "Black Diamond," check out Yoshiki's symphonic version of the song. Fantastic accompaniment with the American Symphony Orchestra.
You wanted the best, you got the best...
Bookmarks